3/15/11

Being a Mom

Being a Mom comes first before anything else in my life.  I'm not perfect, by any means, but I am proud to say that my kids are ok. 

My daughter endured a lot of things she shouldn't have as a baby/toddler because of her father and my lack of getting out of the situation; and I have worked hard to make sure that she has gotten through that barely scarred.  She has some focus issues and likes to lie to me, but isn't that all kids?  I hope so!  I bought her a flute for her birthday.  She is going to learn early so she'll be ahead in Middle School when she takes band.  I am looking forward to teaching her!

My son, well he's lucky, I must say.  He has his Mommy and Daddy together and things are swell in his little world.  Things are so swell that we're a little spoiled and think it's ok to cry to get our way.  With that being said, I am still trying to reach the goal of one day of his life with no crying.  And he's 3.  Every day I wake up and think to myself, "Today might be the day!"  HA. Ha.  It's hilarious because it's always a given that he will cry about something by 10 AM.  Other than crying two to 3 times a day he is a joy.  He is going to grow up to be such a good man--he's already very good about helping me and loves when I ask for his help around the house.  He gladly helps and proudly states, "I take care of my Mommy."

1 comment:

  1. So sweet! Being a mother IS the best thing in the world. I can't wait to hear (this means get her on VIDEO) your sweet girl play the flute!
    and we're still working on the no crying thing too. UGH!

    ReplyDelete